The Wheel of Consent is a tool you can use to learn more about:
- Making authentic choices
- Your body and the nervous system
- Authentic relating
- Honest communication and being transparent
- Longings and boundaries
- Upgrading your relationships
- How to enjoy sex (even) more
- How to play in a fun, juicy, nurturing way and much, much more
We will play with all of this in a fun, empowering and nourishing way.
I offer the Wheel of Consent in workshops, trainings and sometimes at a festival.
The Wheel of Consent
Learning The Wheel of Consent:
I'm a certified Facilitator for the Wheel of Consent workshop.
I offer the official 3 day Wheel of Consent workshop as well as introduction days, a Wheel and Pleasure workshop, a pleasure retreat for duo's, and practice days.
Please check the calendar for more information.
The Wheel of Consent is a foundational tool for all human relating – between friends, family, colleagues and intimate partners.
I invite you to a 3-day workshop on the Wheel of Consent, which is a powerful tool to improve the quality of your touch and create clear agreements so you can experience satisfying connection to self and others.
This workshop is about:
• Making choices – learning how to choose for yourself and stay in your full YES.
• Gaining skills of empowerment and communication – noticing, valuing, and trusting desires, having the courage to ask for what you want, and feeling safe enough to receive.
• Understanding the dynamics of Receiving and Giving and taking them apart
• Understanding who is doing and who it is for – because they are different
• Waking up sensuality – feeling and following pleasure in your own body.
Understanding and embodying the Wheel of Consent can only happen through a somatic experience – you have to feel it in your skin. Therefore, learning the Wheel happens through touch exercises.
There are many opportunities for exchanging touch as part of the learning, but there is no genital touch or full nudity in the workshop.
In these 3 days, you will:
• Learn what ‘receiving’ and ‘giving’ really are – and why knowing the difference is crucial for creating connection and intimacy
• Find out where you are clear (or not) in receiving and giving
• Learn the framework of the Wheel of Consent as a foundation for connection
• Experience pleasure and sensation in your skin that you can access any time you choose
• Access parts of yourself that have been hidden away that are ready to be seen, appreciated and healed
• Gain skills to bring clarity and heart into your hands so that all your touch is rich, juicy and satisfying
• Become exquisitely aware of your desires and limits and practice how to communicate them
• Practice giving and receiving and experience it in your body
This weekend offers the space to experiment and to learn. In any moment you get to choose how you want to participate in the exercises, for example by watching, by doing an exercise, by taking a nap or whatever serves you most in the moment.
This course is part of the official program of the School of Consent, please visit: www.schoolofconsent.org
Who is this for?
This workshop is for anyone who is interested in learning more about themselves and improving the quality of their relationships – personal or professional, with lovers, friends, parents, children or colleagues. No prior experience necessary. For those who have been exposed to the Wheel, and those who haven’t, there are always new levels of awareness to be found. All genders and sexual orientations are welcome in this event. There is no gender balance in this workshop.
About 'gender balancing':
I do not gender balance - allow only equal numbers of male and female participants - for many reasons. We are learning here, not hooking up. You can learn these skills with persons of any genital configuration and any gender. Plus, not everyone fits neatly into the categories you might think they do. Quite often, setting aside gender in order to learn and explore is profoundly liberating. Many people have told me that was the biggest 'Aha'.
Or you can invite me to come and teach at your place.
Next to the official 3-day Wheel of Consent workshop, you can also choose for an introduction day.
After following one of those there are plenty options to deepen you knowledge and practice with the Wheel, for example in: Practice days, Wheel & Pleasure workshops, Pleasure retreats
What the people that came before you said about this workshop:
"Very informative, deep insights in the dynamics of touch and my own patterns."
"I have the tools now to communicate clearly and that really improved my relationships."
"I feel much more confident in relating to others, touch and physical connection. I dare to take initiative and to play now. I feel less tension. It really helped me relating to others and also to myself."
"Yesterday I participated in part 1 of the Wheel of Consent Workshop.
It was very valuable and fun to me as it completely changed my ideas on touch (giving and receiving). Mariëlle teaches it in a very respectful and professional way. I will definitely continue this training!"
"Are you a bodyworker or massage therapist and haven't you done the this workshop yet? Then join! This is of great value for your work with clients."
In this video I will explain what the Wheel of Consent which I used to call Touch Academy is about: